National Honor Society
Blackhawk Christian juniors and seniors are eligible for election to the Timothy Chaper of the National Honor Society by meeting the scholastic, character, leadership, and service qualifications.
- Students must have attended at least the equivalent of one semester at BCS.
- A student must be a member of the Junior or Senior Class.
- Only students who have an 88% Cumulative Percentage Grade Average (PGA) will be eligible.
- Students who have a PGA of 88% are notified of their scholastic eligibility.
- After the scholastic notification students may submit Student Activity Information Form. Students must submit supporting documents from two sources (one being a BCS teacher) in each of the three categories: SERVICE, LEADERSHIP, and CHARACTER.
- Faculty Council reviews all submitted documents. A majority vote of the Faculty Council approves each eligible candidate.
- Faculty Council composes a written summary of documentation for each candidate.
- The Faculty Council’s list of candidates is submitted to entire faculty for input.
- Candidates are notified of their acceptance or non-selection to the NHS.
Selection process usually occurs in March-April with the NHS Induction Ceremony held in late April or early May.