All School Mailing
I can’t tell you how excited I am to be at Blackhawk Christian School! I am thankful for the heartfelt welcome my wife and I have received from the Blackhawk family in our move to Fort Wayne.
First, a little about me. I am one of the founders and original school board members for Lighthouse Christian School, which began in 1995 in Twin Falls, Idaho. I began as full-time elementary principal in 1998, and as the role expanded the position grew into the K-12 superintendent. My education background is a B.A. in History and Political Science from UCLA and a Masters of Education with Technology from Lesley University.
Throughout my career, I have been greatly involved in ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) and led the accreditation process for Lighthouse with ACSI and Cognia (formerly AdvancEd). Within ACSI, I have served as the 4th District representative for Eastern Oregon and Southern Idaho, and held a position on the Northwest Accreditation Commission.
Coaching is a passion for me, especially football and basketball, mainly at the middle school level. My wife Melody, of 33 years, worked in Lighthouse school’s office, and our only child, Seth, graduated in 2011. I had the privilege of officiating Seth’s wedding in May of this year, so we now have a lovely new daughter, Sharane.
I have also served as the children’s pastor and executive pastor at Lighthouse Church which brought a consistent spiritual influence and allowed for positive relations between the church and school.
I look forward with Great anticipation to meeting with BCS families as we begin this journey together!
We begin this school year in unprecedented times! Thank you for your prayers and support. The following is new for the 2020-2021 school year:
- We will be sending our BCS Health and Safety Plan for opening school amidst COVID-19 next week.
- We will be launching a new BCS Website in the next couple of weeks with plenty of user-friendly tools.
- We are adding an additional 300 Chromebooks to give us a 1:1 ratio of technology devices throughout the entire school.
- New STEM programs: We will have a full-time STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) coordinator for grades 1st-5th. Project Lead the Way curriculum will be used with 6th grade and the secondary.
- We are currently triple-tracked through the 5th grade in the Intermediate School.
- We are adding GoGuardian software to grades 5th-12th computers that gives teachers supervision of all devices while providing students greater accountability in their learning.
- New accreditation with ACSI (Association of Christian Schools International) in the spring.
August 12 - K to 12 Students First Day
September 3 - Preschool Academy First Day
September 7 - Labor Day - No School
Due to COVID-19 our 2020-21 school calendar will need to be adjusted. We are in the process of revising the calendar and will send it to you soon. However, the following are dates that will help you begin school:
Please take a few moments to review the attached links. You will find the updated parent/student handbooks, supply lists, our methodology for changing our Bible to ESV, and a message from our school nurse.