BLACKHAWK CHRISTIAN SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
Preparing Hearts and Minds to Serve Christ
Our mission is achieved in a learning environment characterized by these principles:
Academic Excellence – employing educational practices, methods, technology and tools that exceed state and national standards; empowering students to reach their full potential and prepare them for their educational and vocational future.
Biblical Foundation – utilizing curriculum and instruction that recognizes that all truth and knowledge is rooted in God’s divinely inspired Word and that imparts a Biblical worldview to students so they see themselves, others, and their world through Christ’s eyes.
Christ Centered Community – providing a relationally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, and morally safe environment, led by administrators, staff, and teachers, who in partnership with parents, model Christ and serve as examples for students to develop Christ-centered lives.
STATEMENT OF VISION
Blackhawk Christian School personnel model and students / graduates exemplify the following traits:
- Christian Character – committed to Scripture: abiding in Christ, building community, serving others and making disciples.
- Core Capabilities – excellent understanding and competency in core subjects.
- Critical Thinking – purposeful, reflective judgment in thought, belief, speech and action.
- Collaboration – highly cooperative, highly engaged in dialogue and committed to “finding a better way together.”
- Creative Problem Solving – the ability to develop and implement innovative solutions to problems and life issues.
- Communication – effectively deliver ideas, thoughts, and information to diverse audiences through oral, written, and nonverbal expression.
- Continuous Learning – developing a "growth mindset and humble heart": committed to putting forth best efforts, willing to try new things, understanding that mistakes are opportunities to learn.
OUR EXPECTED STUDENT OUTCOMES
Blackhawk Christian School students will graduate with skills and traits aligned with the vision and core values of Blackhawk Christian School.
- BCS Graduates are prepared for college and career by demonstrating understanding and competency of standards in core subject areas
- BCS Graduates demonstrate the ability to develop and implement innovative solutions to problems Biblical Foundation
- BCS Graduates are committed to abiding in Christ through study of his word personally and in Christian community
- BCS Graduates own a Biblical worldview through which they use purposeful, reflective judgment in thought, belief, speech, and action Christ-Centered Community
- BCS Graduates are cooperative and highly engaged in collaboration and dialogue with others
- BCS Graduates are Christ-like and effective communicators through oral and written expression
ARTICLES OF EMPLOYMENT
- The employee understands that he/she is an employee of Blackhawk Ministries, assigned to the ministry of Blackhawk Christian School.
- The employee affirms that, as part of the qualifications for employment, he/she is a born again Christian who knows Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
- The employee agrees to be members in good standing of a local church recognized by the school board as having a doctrinal stand compatible with that of Blackhawk Ministries.
- The employee agrees to submit to the authority of the school board and administration and to comply with Blackhawk Ministries and Blackhawk Christian School policies and practices.
- The employee agrees to support the practices and policies as set forth in the parent-student handbook.
- The employee agrees to obtain such health certificates or medical examinations as shall be required by the school board.
- The employee agrees to provide as needed; transcripts, evidence of certification, and such records as may be required by the school administration.
- The employee agrees to continued professional growth in his/her subject areas and Christian education as required by their position.
- The employee agrees to avoid gossiping with or about co-workers, students and parents and will attempt to implement the procedures outlined in Matthew 18:15-17 whenever the occasion of human relationship problems demands.
- The employee agrees (per I Corinthians 6:1-8) that he/she will not take a complaint against Blackhawk Ministries or its ministries including the Blackhawk Christian School to a court of law. Rather, disputes or disagreements will be settled before a council of believers from Blackhawk Ministries.
- The employee will be sensitive to controversial issues and will avoid careless speech or actions that may unnecessarily offend students, parents or other stakeholders from other denominations.
- The employee agrees to live a personal life of moral purity that is separated from the world as defined by Scripture and held by Blackhawk Ministries. Further, the teacher agrees that male and female roles are clearly defined in Scripture and that homosexual acts and lifestyles are clearly perversion and sin in the sight of God. Persons so involved cannot be an employee of Blackhawk Ministries.
- Scripture further teaches us that certain behaviors should be avoided, including: theft, lying, dishonesty, gossip, slander, backbiting, profanity, vulgarity, sexual promiscuity (including adultery, homosexual behavior, and premarital sex) drunkenness, and immodesty of dress.
- In the role as a teacher, the duties will involve not only responsibilities normally a part of teaching, but also responsibilities which are part of that spiritual ministry to which he/she is called—the training of our students in the Christian faith and practice. It is the expectation of the board that teachers will continuously endeavor to understand, appreciate, and love the pupils that parents have entrusted to them for instruction. Teachers will, to the best of their ability, provide for their fullest spiritual, intellectual, emotional and physical development.
- The contract between an employee and the Blackhawk Christian School can be voided when any of the terms in the contract or its appendices are violated by either party. Should a teacher desire to be released from said contract, a request shall be presented to the school administration.
- As an expression of loyalty and confidence in Blackhawk Christian School (BCS), I agree that the school age children of employees are expected to be in attendance at BCS. I understand that exceptions may be made to this policy, and that such exceptions will be made based on the individual situation and educational needs of the student. I understand that the decision to send my child to another school must be made in conjunction with the Head of Schools.
- All employees are required to fulfill our religious mission.