Thank you for your interest in employment with Blackhawk Christian School. Blackhawk Christian School (BCS) is a P-12 accredited private Christian school of over 900 students with a 46+ year history of academic success – “A” rating per IDOE.
Our Mission is: Preparing Hearts and Minds to Serve Christ
2021-2022 School Year
PRESCHOOL I SPECIALIST
This full-time teacher is responsible for managing and providing whole group and small group instruction to students. The teacher filling this position must be prepared to teach core standards, as well as Bible, to Preschool students, as well as creating and implementing Kindergarten enrichment. This individual will report directly to the Preschool Academy Director and will also:
- Create a classroom culture that promotes a love of learning.
- Be familiar with the Indiana Early Learning Foundation Standards.
- Effectively communicate progress of students with parents, teachers, and administration.
- Develop and use best practices to provide small group or individual instruction.
- Effectively communicate with parents using newsletters, emails, and occasionally phone calls to best serve students and families.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with three other Preschool Academy lead teachers.
- Work effectively with and collaboratively with classroom assistant(s).
- Be willing to plan collectively, but execute lessons that reflect the teaching style of the individual teacher.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the director and/or building principal.
Email your cover letter, resume, and completed teacher application to Courtney Smeltzer, Preschool Director, [email protected]
email: [email protected] – best if emailed from a computer
USPS: 7400 East State Boulevard
Fort Wayne, IN 46815
Attention: Marilyn Knuth
Resumes will be kept on file for 12 months
Openings for 2021-22
All Applicants must meet the following job qualifications:
Blackhawk Christian School is both a Christian ministry and a school. As such, employees must effectively represent Christ as well as possess the technical skills for the position. A successful applicant will provide evidence of being:
- A born-again Christian with a mature walk of faith and whose lifestyle, convictions, and beliefs are consistent with Biblical principles.
- Demonstrate commitment to a Christian education by upholding to the mission of Blackhawk Christian School and modeling a Christian lifestyle.
- Faithfully engaged in a local evangelical church.
- Able to clearly articulate both the Biblical components of salvation and the ability to lead a child to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- In agreement with and will support the school’s Statement of Faith, Mission, Vision, Core Values and Teacher’s Articles of Employment.
- Demonstrate commitment to a Christian education by upholding the mission of Blackhawk Christian School and modeling a Christian lifestyle.
- Able to provide at least 3 favorable references including a pastor, a current supervisor, (if employed) and a colleague.
- Able to provide a “clean” background check.