Head of School Welcome
What an unprecedented time for Blackhawk Christian Schools. Thank you for such a heartfelt welcome from the Blackhawk family to Fort Wayne. I am one of the founders and original school board members for Lighthouse Christian School, which began in 1995 in Twin Falls, Idaho. I came on as elementary principal full-time in 1998, and the roll has expanded as the school has grown finishing as the K-12 superintendent. My education background is a B.A. in History and Political Science from UCLA and a Masters of Education with Technology from Lesley University. I have been greatly involved in the accreditation process of ACSI (Association of Schools International) and Cognia (formerly AdvancEd). I have served as the 4th District representative for Eastern Oregon and Southern Idaho, and held a position on the Northwest Accreditation Commission.
Coaching is a passion for me, especially football and basketball, mainly at the middle school level. My wife Melody, of 33 years, has worked in the school’s front office and our only child, Seth, graduated in 2011. I had the privilege of officiating his wedding in May of this year, so we now have a lovely new daughter Sharane.
I have also served as the children’s pastor and executive pastor at Lighthouse Church which brings a consistent spiritual influence and allows for positive relations between church and school. I look forward with Great anticipation meeting with new families as we begin this journey together.
Head of Schools
New for the 2020-2021 school year:
- We will be launching a brand new Website by the beginning of August with plenty of user friendly tools.
- We are adding an additional 300 Chromebooks to give us a 1:1 ration of technology devices throughout the entire school.
- We will have a fulltime STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) teacher for grades 1st-5th.
- We are currently triple-tracked through the 5th grade in the Intermediate School.
- We are adding GoGuardian to grades 5th-12th that gives teachers supervision of all devices while giving students greater accountability in their learning.
- We will be seeking Accreditation with ACSI sometime next Spring.