School Choice (Voucher)
Blackhawk Christian School participates in the School Choice program for the State of Indiana that is commonly known as the voucher program for grades K-12. This program provides scholarships (vouchers) to eligible K-12 students by utilizing a portion of the state funds allocated for that child to follow them to the non-public school of their choice.
The 2022-23 New Student Online Application process will be available for new/existing families beginning on January 3rd, 2022, ending on March 17th, 2022. After March 17th applications will still be accepted but will only be considered if there are spots available after all applications taken before March 17th have been processed per the lottery guidelines listed below. Complete applications received after March 17th will be prioritized in the order they are received. All of the following must be completed and received before an application is considered complete:
– Be a resident of the State of Indiana
– Be accepted for enrollment into an eligible school (BCS is an eligible school)
– Be between the ages of 5 and 22 no later than August 1 of the school year.
– Live in a household below the income limits listed in the chart below:
Listed Below is information from the 2021-2022 School Year as well as changes to the program on 4/20/21.
After satisfying the initial requirements above, following are the seven different tracks that a student can satisfy to become eligible to participate in the Choice Scholarship Program:
- Continuing Choice Scholarship Student Track
- Previous Choice Scholarship Student Track
- Previous Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO) Award Track
- Special Education Track
- “F” Public School Track
- Two-Semesters in Public School Track
- Sibling Track
The value of the Choice Scholarship is the lesser of the two amounts:
- Tuition and fees at the eligible school;
- The amount listed below by school district where you live, as determined by the income limits by household size listed above.
School Choice Application Window: January 3rd to March 17th
School Choice Lottery: March 24th
If the number of qualified applicants exceeds the number of slots available at a given grade level, a “random selection” lottery will be held on March 24th with the order of priorities listed below. If selected, the applicant will have the opportunity to go through the interview/testing process with each school principal making the final determination on acceptance to BCS.
- Currently enrolled students
- New students of BCS/BM Employees
- Siblings of currently enrolled “full paying” students
- Siblings of currently enrolled “Tuition Assistance” students (including SGO/ Voucher)
- BCS Alumni: “full paying” student
- BCS Alumni: “Tuition Assistance” students (including SGO/Voucher)
- New to BCS family: “full paying” students with siblings also enrolling at BCS
- New to BCS family: “full paying” student
- New to BCS family: “Tuition Assistance” students (including SGO/ Voucher) with siblings also enrolling
- New to BCS family: “Tuition Assistance” student (including SGO/Voucher)
For additional information or to schedule a tour contact:
Laura Leichty, Admissions Director (260)493-7400 x 2004
For general information about the voucher program visit: http://www.doe.in.gov/choice